The Constitution of the Acheron Builders' Union

StootiGee

The Constitution of the Acheron Builders' Union

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 am

"TheFoxin's Rules" (StootiGee revision)

Forum Rules:
    1. No spamming or unintelligent posts
    2. Do not PM anyone regarding a promotion
    3. Do not use vulgar language, certain members may be sensitive to the use of such language
    4. Show everyone respect and understanding
    5. No flame wars

Server Rules
    1. Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations (griefing). Ranked members (adv+) <-Should this be Trusted? may make changes to the server if they see it as necessary.
    2. Do not leave random holes or pillars in the server
    3. Be respectful
    4. The use of hacks are allowed, however the use of MCCheat in the SMP is not allowed)
    5. No begging for promotions
    6. Have fun
    "7. Titles are for Builders and above, and may only be changed at the users consent. Note: Should $name in titles be allowed?" <- Unapproved addition____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONSTITUTION OF THE ACHERON BUILDERS UNION(FREEBUILD)

ARTICLE I: NAME AND PURPOSE OF ORGANISATION

Section 1 The name of this of this organisation shall be the Acheron Builders' Union.

Section 2 The purposes of this organisation are to provide Minecraft users with a friendly, enjoyable, creative and overall fun experience at the Acheron servers.

Section 3 This organisation is recognised by Minecraft.net (Mojang Specifications) as set forth in http://www.minecraft.net/servers.jsp

ARTICLE II: REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP AND MEANS OF SELETION OF MEMBERS

Section 1 Membership in this organisation shall not be denied to any user of Minecraft on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, colour, age, gender, marital status, citizenship, skins, or disability

Section 2 There shall be one type of membership to this organisation: Rank

Section 3 Recommending membership is limited to Trusteds and above

Section 4 Any eligible Minecraft user who meets the standards set (see Article II, Section 3) shall be deemed a member upon been ranked by an OP or above

Section 5 Any person who has tendered outstaning service to the organisation (constructing something of a generally high standard) may be eligible to membership under the descretion OP or above.

Section 6 Any member may be suspended (Temporary ban), or expelled (Kicked) or Demoted from the organisation for conduct obviously contrary to the Constitution of the organisation or for conduct which grossly impairs the rights of the members to enjoy the benefits of the organisation. The alleged offense must be conferred to a person of higher rank or be in writing and submitted by a member (including Guest). After the alleged offense has been submitted to the organisation, the accused member shall have a right to a hearing before the organisation (on the server) and the member of the highest power may suspend, expell, demote or kick that member (including guest). However, the member also has the right to a vote. If the witnesses or others vote to overrule the power's decision, the overrule must be won with three-frouths of the voting members present. The accused member has the right to appeal an adverse decision on the forum, and the accused member shall be reinstated unless the suspension, expulsion or demotion is again appoved by three-fourths vote or by an OP or above.

ARTICLE III RANKS

Section 1 The selected ranks of the organisation shall be Banned, Guest, Builder, Advancedbuilder(advbuilder), Trusted <-Should this be Trustee or Trusteds?, Operator(OP), SuperOperator(SOP) and (Co-)Owner. Member(s)(ship) generally refer to Builder of above unless otherwise noted.

Section 2 Powers and Duties of Officers:

a. The Banned shall have no affiliation with the organisation, and no previous interactions with the organisation will be recognised.

b. The Guest is the generic Minecraft user, who can attend the server whenever they like and also have the opportunity to be promoted

c. The Builder will have access to the other maps and very useful commands and will be able to be build in Builder and Builder2 but not Guest. The Guest map is reserved for Guests unless otherwise indicated by an OP or above. A Builder may also build on an OP or above's map if told to do so. Command limit: 600 - Permission: 30

d. The AdvancedBuilder will have a greater access to commands, as well as moderation commands. The Advanceduilder will have access to the advbuilder map as to build in as well as the Builder and Builder2 maps. An Advanceduilder may also build on an Op or above's map if told to do so. Command limit: 2000 - Permission: 50

e. The Trusted will have a large access to to moderation commands. The Trusted will be allowed to build on the same maps as the Advancedbuilder. Trusteds will also have access to the ability to change titles. Command limit: 4000 - Permission: 80

f. The Operator will have the general final word (overruled by majority of SuperOperator or above). An Operator has an obligation to help ALL members of the organisation (including guests) and use their powers accordingly. Operators also have the option to have their own private map on the server. Command limit 15,000 - Permission 80

g. The SuperOperator will generally be the same as an Operator, however a SuperOperator will have much more power. A SuperOperator's word can only be overruled by majority or Owner. Command limit: 3,000,000 - Permission 100

h. The Owner is much alike the God of the server. Their word cannot be overruled at all. Command limit: God - Permission: All

Section 3 Qualifications necessary to hold office in this organisation are as follows:
    The qualifications are needed, however an Operator or above may chose not to rank in different circumstances.

Builder - to become a Builder a Guest must have built something of a generally high standard and must have modified 7,000-9,000 (seven-nine thousand) or more blocks.

AdvancedBuilder - to become an AdvancedBuilder a Builder must have modified more than 100,000 (one hundred thousand) blocks and have spent more than a week (seven days) on the server.

Trusted - to become a Trusted an AdvancedBuilder must be trusted by an Operator or above.

Section 4 Petition by one-third of the total number or members (including guests) shall be cause for demotion. The offense must be in writing and submitted to the forum. After it is submitted the accused ranked shall have at least 12 hours before the hearing on the forum. Demotion will require a favorable vote of three-fourths of the voting membership in attendance.

ARTICLE IV: METHOD TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION

Section 1 Proposed consitutional amendments or changes shall be presented to the organisation, in writing, on the forum under Minecraft->General

Section 2 Approval by two-thirds of the voting members present on the forum for 36 hours shall pass a proposed change. The change shall be put into effect immediately unless otherwise stipulated in the amendment.

Section 3 A copy of any alteration to this document must be filed within 24 hours after any substantive change or amandement in the Constitution Post.

ARTICLE V: RULES OF THE SERVER

Section 1 The Constitution of the Acheron Builders' Union accepts "TheFoxin's Rules" (StootiGee Revision) as its rules of the server

Section 2 Any issue not directly spoken to in this document will be resolved by posting below.

This constitution has not yet been approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so someone wanted rules, so I decided to write up a Constitution. Understand this is only a draft, still needs to be edited. Also I think my versions of the rules may satisfy some of the other users...

Proposed Edits
    Server Rules, Number 1: Change adv to Trusted
    My reason for making it adv is that advs have the power to tempban if if my memory serves me correctly. So adv have been given the trust to use serious moderation commands.

Server Rules, Number 7: Add the rule about titles are for builders and above and changing a persons title without their consent is illegal. Also using $name in a title is illegal.
    This one was brought up by a few people, and also some people have been abusing the use of the $name command.

Article II, Section 3 and Article III Section 1: Change Trusted to Trustees.
    I made Trusted become Trusteds upen becoming pluray because Trusted is used as a noun, a title, rather than an adjective.[b]

Last edited by StootiGee on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:01 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed name of Constitution)
    Teh

Re: The Constitution of the Acheron Builders' Union

Post by Teh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:33 am

Jesus that probably took forever to write! XD
    You did a really good job typing this up. I can really see ya took your time.
    Some things in both the rules and Constitution I think should be changed, for example, in the Freebuild rules, adv+ should be trusted+.
    There are also a few grammar issues including "Trusteds" needing to be changed to "Trustees".

I fully support this Constitution and hope it becomes official. Good Luck! Very Happy
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:46 am

My name is TheFoxin, and I approve this message.

Also like teh said.. some changes can and will be made, not that this is bad lol, but im tired.
    See ya guys tmrw

p.s. I take a look at my enormous penis... and my troubles start a-meltin' away.
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 am

Teh wrote:Jesus that probably took forever to write! XD
    You did a really good job typing this up. I can really see ya took your time.
    Some things in both the rules and Constitution I think should be changed, for example, in the Freebuild rules, adv+ should be trusted+.
    There are also a few grammar issues including "Trusteds" needing to be changed to "Trustees".

I fully support this Constitution and hope it becomes official. Good Luck! Very Happy

I called the Trusted "Trusteds" because Trusted is a title/rank, and is used as a noun rather than an adjective lol. But thankyou for pointing that out, Foxin can change it if he wants.
    Teh

Post by Teh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 am

ARTICLE II: REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP AND MEANS OF SELETION OF MEMBERS

Section 1 Membership in this organisation shall not be denied to any user of Minecraft on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, colour, age, gender, marital status, citizenship, skins, or disability

Section 2 There shall be one type of membership to this organisation: Rank

Section 3 Recommending membership is limited to Trusteds and above

The proper way of saying this is Trustees. It's one of those weird words, but Trustees is correct while Trusteds is underlined in red for misspelled in spell check.
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 am

Teh stooti just explained that..
    He wrote "Trusteds" because the rank is called "Trusted" not "Trustee"
    Bobostuv
    Freebuild Staff
    Freebuild Staff

Post by Bobostuv on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm