Welcome to Acheron!

[READ] Rules

TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

[READ] Rules

Post by TheFoxin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 pm

By using this forum and our servers you agree to the following rules and understand that by breaking them there can/will be consequences.

Forum Rules:
    1. No spamming
    2. Do not PM us if you can be an admin or op
    3. Easy with the swearing... we might have younger people here
    4. Show everyone respect and no flame wars

Server Rules:
    1. Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations (griefing)
    2. Do not leave random holes/pillars
    3. Be respectful
    4. Hacks are allowed (No MCCheat in SMP)
    5. No begging for promotions
    6. Have fun
    the_evnator

Re: [READ] Rules

Post by the_evnator on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 pm

as i read the said rules that are posted on the servers forums and advertised on the server : "Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations" so that would mean no one can destroy anything that anyone made. yes i see flaws with this. one if some one make something like a d*ck, what if a guest make them randomly. you would kick them and destroy the; clearly violating rule 1 under server. the spoken rule are you would kick twice and then ban if some on broke the rules. Though if making a D*ck is not against the rules then why would you kick him?
    Also say if an adv builder made something like that, say a man watering a tree that he help make, and a op come along with out saying anything to that adv builder and deletes what her made. According to the rule advertised actively on the forums that there is "Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations" the op could not do that. also there are people are kick people without cause for fun, and trusted+ changing title of people that they don't want or asked for, even if they asked for something different.
    I think that this is abuse of power and there should be
    A)better rules, explaining the giving rules and many more posted
    B)stricter/harder promotions. Set goals/tasks that people need to get for the promotion
    C)better policing on the different maps, not only for griefing, which is said to be against the rules, but also for power abuse.
    D)people changing what some on else made, this would clearly go against rule 1 of server rules. and if they did this there should be like strikes, three and demoted and or temp ban

I think that the rules on this server need change and power should be reined. thank you for your time
    the_evnator
    StootiGee

Lulz?

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 am

the_evnator wrote:as i read the said rules that are posted on the servers forums and advertised on the server : "Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations" so that would mean no one can destroy anything that anyone made. yes i see flaws with this. one if some one make something like a d*ck, what if a guest make them randomly. you would kick them and destroy the; clearly violating rule 1 under server. the spoken rule are you would kick twice and then ban if some on broke the rules. Though if making a D*ck is not against the rules then why would you kick him?
    Also say if an adv builder made something like that, say a man watering a tree that he help make, and a op come along with out saying anything to that adv builder and deletes what her made. According to the rule advertised actively on the forums that there is "Absolutely no destroying other peoples' creations" the op could not do that. also there are people are kick people without cause for fun, and trusted+ changing title of people that they don't want or asked for, even if they asked for something different.
    I think that this is abuse of power and there should be
    A)better rules, explaining the giving rules and many more posted
    B)stricter/harder promotions. Set goals/tasks that people need to get for the promotion
    C)better policing on the different maps, not only for griefing, which is said to be against the rules, but also for power abuse.
    D)people changing what some on else made, this would clearly go against rule 1 of server rules. and if they did this there should be like strikes, three and demoted and or temp ban

I think that the rules on this server need change and power should be reined. thank you for your time
    the_evnator

Ev, as hard as it may be to understand, these rules are directed at the general public. But as you may also see there is the rule "Be respectful." So really, in violating one of the rules, should the Operator or significant other have the right to violate the rule for the greater good? That's how I would explain from your point of view, however...
    Members of the community will have the knowledge and know how to use their powers. Also, the rule has in brackets griefing. So really Fox has cleary described what the rule is meaning to convey. Of course if you are trying to make things hard then you could say that the Ops are breaking the rules they made themselves.
    I think the title is a given, however Fox may have to address the issue a bit more directly.
    And finally as the the idea C goes the system we have now works fine. Making it hard to keep track of is hard. However, if you are able to make a system that can give players strike and tempban them I am sure that Fox will be open to discussion.

And Fox I am willing to write the Acheron Constitution if you want xD
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 am

I was mad. mad that the acheron FREE BUILD have limits and is not free. even when the rules given are broken. i would like better rules with rules on those.
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

Nothing is actually free. Everyone needs to have rules to obey.
    And as far as I see, these rules are fine. They arent some federal law, so you dont need to be specific about them. Common sense is just as important as intellect.

also about the harder promotions.. Getting builder isnt too difficult. Really you just need to build something nice to prove youre not a griefer. Now clearly it could be fairly simple for a griefer to get passed that. But getting advbuilder is a lot harder to get. Im 100% sure no griefer will spend 1 week+ on the server just to grief advb map.
    If a builder griefs.. Its really no problem. We can undo and ipban.
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:23 am

TheFoxin wrote:Nothing is actually free. Everyone needs to have rules to obey.
    And as far as I see, these rules are fine. They arent some federal law, so you dont need to be specific about them. Common sense is just as important as intellect.
    so wouldn't common sense say that the rules made bye you say absolutely no destroying anyones creations mean that, with a little common sense, that you are not to destroy anything unless up put it there?
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 am

the_evnator wrote:
    TheFoxin wrote:Nothing is actually free. Everyone needs to have rules to obey.
    so wouldn't common sense say that the rules made bye you say absolutely no destroying anyones creations mean that, with a little common sense, that you are not to destroy anything unless up put it there?

No youve got it wrong..
    With common sense youd know that the rule doesnt mean youre not allowed to touch a single thing anyone else built. No need to be a nazi about it. The idea (as i put in parenthesis) is not to grief.
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 am

so would delete something someone made be considered griefing?
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:32 am

Again this is where the common sense applies.
    Be reasonable. Deleting one or two blocks is griefing but its nothing to be worried about. Even more so if its unintentional.
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:41 am

so if someone made something that someone in a higher power thought was for lack of better word bad, they could delete it with out asking the maker to destroy it, change it to make it alright or saying anything. is just fine . destroying work that people worked hard on is greifing, like more the some blocks, say the whole thing, again with out saying anything.
    StootiGee

LOL wut?

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 am

the_evnator wrote:so if someone made something that someone in a higher power thought was for lack of better word bad, they could delete it with out asking the maker to destroy it, change it to make it alright or saying anything. is just fine . destroying work that people worked hard on is greifing, like more the some blocks, say the whole thing, again with out saying anything.

scratch lol wut? Sorry Ev, that makes seriously no sense?
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:47 am

StootiGee wrote:
    the_evnator wrote:so if someone made something that someone in a higher power thought was for lack of better word bad, they could delete it with out asking the maker to destroy it, change it to make it alright or saying anything. is just fine . destroying work that people worked hard on is greifing, like more the some blocks, say the whole thing, again with out saying anything.

scratch lol wut? Sorry Ev, that makes seriously no sense?

if some one higher rank then you destroyed something or every thing of what you made/making with out saying anything to you that is that okay?
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 am

Well, if I made a penis yes, if I made something worth keeping no. As Fox said, it takes common sense to know these things man. And if you feel their decision was wrong then refer to a higherpower. period.
    the_evnator

Post by the_evnator on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 am

well i do remember asking never to turn physics off. because i was going to blur the penis or but no i couldnt. and i do remember ops building penis also..
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 am

That's because OPs are stupid. lol! But then I trust they did it in good intention, and not trying to ruin the server. I also remember that it wasn't on the guest map. Common sense mate, common sense. Periond (again).
    Bobostuv
    Freebuild Staff
    Freebuild Staff

Post by Bobostuv on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 am

First off, this is minecraft. Not congress.

Second, guests have to be respectful, to race, to gender, to age. what ever. If they choose not to be respectful, and draw penises, and swastikas they give up what ever rights they have on this server. this means they're buildings are totally subject to deletion. hurr
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:03 am

Dunno why you keep trying to make this all complicated evnator.
    Think of it this way..

Grief=ban
    Exceptions will be made
    Bobostuv
    Freebuild Staff
    Freebuild Staff

Post by Bobostuv on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 am

TheFoxin wrote:Dunno why you keep trying to make this all complicated evnator.
    Think of it this way..

Grief=ban
    Exceptions will be made

Win
    TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by TRUMP2016 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:58 pm

SMP works as follows:

Grief = Ban and or, severe kick in the a**
    exceptions will most likely NOT be made.
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm

^ lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:57 am