Welcome to Acheron!

Something to build on

StootiGee

Something to build on

Post by StootiGee on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm

If we want to attract people to our server, we need something to build on. The last thing they want to do is starting from scratch. So I propose building a railway system.
    It would be based on a booster cart system, so users would have to supply two minecarts. I will not make proper stops at locations, builders will have to make their own. It would be five blocks wide, four tracks and one to seperate the different ways of traffic.
    To do this I would need unlimited tracks, torches, (diamond?) spades and pickaxes, rock and support of the people.

With something like this, it would make easy travelling (maybe even fun) and give a basic need to the server. Anyone willing to support?

Elaborating on the booster system:
    I learned that you can not boost for long periods of time, requiring a revision in how to design a mine track that is based on flat ground. Here you can find a good booster explanation. I think using a One-way auto-reset (reduced reset loop) will be enough to make this possible.

The Plan

Acheron has Minecart Mania installed so that changed stuff a bit.

What I need: Rails, Obsidian, Gold Blocks, Signs, Torches, Glass, Rock, Ladders, Cobble Steps, Redstone Wire, Redstone Button, Redstone Lever, Diamond Shovel and Pickaxe, Iron Door, Wood Door and Redstone Torches. Oh and armour, just in case we get a breach...

The design of the general system is as shown

1 represents block, 0 no block and 2 where the tracks will be. I will take care of the lighting.

Using the Minecraft Dynamic Map of Acheron, I will approximate where we need these tracks need to go. Hopefully I will be able to spot the small buildings in the area, but that is not guaranteed. Using the map I can spot a few places. The spawn, then north west of the spawn a wooden structure and then south west of that a large tower. Around that area there are few buildings. The arena is far far north east, a lengthy travel.

I will also need help with someone to cuboid all of this out...

AND FINALLY

If you think your place will be missed, tell me the coordinates. The portal at the centre of the map is part of a tile (the upper one). The coords of the large tower is "Up 1, Left 4". This is from the central tile. Just post that below and I'll see what I can do.

OR

Put a 5x5 X facing the sky near your house.

Last edited by StootiGee on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Rdog_11

Re: Something to build on

Post by Rdog_11 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

I dun get it.

So the tracks start from the spawn, but where do they lead to?
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Where ever we want. They don't exactly start anywhere. It's a big loop. You can start where ever you like and finish where ever you like.
    Rdog_11

Post by Rdog_11 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh. Well as long as I had enough tracks, I'd like it. I am on limited resources though.

I'd like to have one going from my cave to my house or something like that. Maybe down to the bottom of my mine too.
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Which is why I am asking for an admin *cough*polak*cough* to allow me to work on this project with unlimited resources or something like that.
    TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by TRUMP2016 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:39 pm

I could cuboid it. Very Happy
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Baglady74 wrote:I could cuboid it. Very Happy

That sounds sexy as. Once the SMP is back up, we'll see what we can do. But I would still need unlimited rails and torches and some diamond pick axes. Could you allow me to use these resources?
    NeverCry
    Freebuild Staff
    Freebuild Staff

Post by NeverCry on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:03 am

stooti the smp is up <.<

NeverCry
    Freebuild Staff
    Freebuild Staff

Post by NeverCry on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:04 am

try like 3 times to get on its up dawg (just minecraft.net is slow so its harder to get on not pat's fault)

TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by TRUMP2016 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 am

Umm, I could give you tools, rails and other such things, but I need to be sure that I have cuboid or /give.
    StootiGee

Post by StootiGee on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Ok thanks Bag. Maybe in a few days I'll take a look at the map we have and see where it needs to go.
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:02 am

It might also be nice if you want the railroad to pass near your house to just place a giant X somewhere outside so that its visible on the map. Maybe about 4x4 or something. Or just say the co-ordinates.. whatever.

But alright you can start whenever you have the tools.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:08 am